Hip Pain Specialist Serving DFW, Frisco, and Mesquite TX
Severe hip pain can be an underlying cause of a disease and therefore, you must consult with a pain management doctor in your area. OmniSpine Pain Management has a team of pain specialists who can evaluate and treat hip pain. For more information, Contact us today or book an appointment online. Our clinics are located at two convenient locations in Frisco, TX, and Mesquite, TX.
Table of Contents:
Hip pain can range from mild and temporary to chronic and debilitating. Regardless of the severity of your hip pain, our hip pain specialists at OmniSpine Pain Management can provide thorough evaluation of your symptoms and effective treatment to alleviate and help you cope with hip pain.
There is a broad range of possible causes of hip pain, including sports injuries, degenerative conditions, or repetitive strain injuries. With that in mind, some of such possible hip pain causes include the following:
• Arthritis, including juvenile idiopathic arthritis, osteoarthritis (OA), psoriatic arthritis (PsA), and rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
• Avascular necrosis, also referred to as osteonecrosis, which involves limited blood flow to the hip bone, causing the bone tissue to die
• Bone cancer or leukemia
• Bursitis, which involves inflammation in the bursae fluid sacs that cushion bones, muscles, and tendons in the hip joint
• Dislocation or fracture
• Hip labral tear
• Muscle or tendon strain
• Osteomyelitis, or a bone infection
• Sacroiliac (SI) joint inflammation, also known as sacroiliitis
• Synovitis, or inflammation of the synovium surrounding the hip joint
It can sometimes be challenging to know if you are dealing with a one-time hip problem or a hip problem that signals a chronic condition or significant injury. With that in mind, it can be helpful to know some of the early warning signs of chronic hip problems or significant hip injuries. The following are some common first signs of hip problems:
• Hip or groin pain felt during or after exercise, while lying down, or when walking
• Limping or problems with your gait (how you walk)
• Stiffness in the hip joints, causing difficulty bending to put on shoes, socks, or pick something up
• Swelling and tenderness in the hip region
While a primary care physician can provide care for minor hip problems that are not chronic, the best doctor to see for significant hip problems is either an orthopedic specialist or a medical doctor who is board-certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation. Such doctors specialize in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of conditions and injuries affecting the musculoskeletal system, which involves a person’s bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, nerves, and tendons.
At OmniSpine Pain Management, our orthopedic and pain management doctors can provide excellent evaluation and treatment of any hip problem you experience. Our medical director, Dr. Andrew H. Murchower, M.D., M.P.H, is a medical doctor who is board-certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation and fellowship-trained in interventional spine and pain management. As such, he has the experience, expertise, and training to provide exceptional medical attention for any hip problem you bring to us.
You should see a doctor about hip pain if at-home measures for managing your pain fail to improve symptoms or if symptoms get progressively worse. Other symptoms or circumstances that warrant a visit to the doctor for hip pain include the following:
• Deformation in the hip region
• Discoloration or loss of sensation in your toes
• High fever that accompanies hip pain (101 degrees Fahrenheit or higher)
• Inability to bear weight on the hip joint or move the affected leg
• Severe pain
• Sudden and severe swelling in the hip or affected leg
If you have further questions about hip pain treatment or would like to schedule an appointment with one of our hip pain specialists at OmniSpine Pain Management, we would be pleased to hear from you! Please feel welcome to contact us or schedule an appointment through our website. We serve patients from Mesquite TX, Frisco TX, Desoto TX, Dallas TX, Plano TX, Garland TX, Forney TX, Cedar Hill TX, and Denton TX.